Monday, July 11, 2011

Mother's day brunch

I will never forget my first visit at the New Majestic hotel's restaurant which serves modern Cantonese cuisine by award winning chef, Yong Bing Ngen. It was to accompany my uni classmate for a date. Yea, weird as it may sound but I should thank her! The food was great and definitely pricey!

That was about 2 years back. This mother's day I had the opportunity once again and still it hasn't disappoint me. It was a mother's day brunch without mothers around but friends. It was decided the day before and we already had our mother's day dinner. 

The brunch buffet was only available for this mother's day, normally it's ala Carte.


Looking hard at the menu! Just wanted to order everything at one go.


Soft Char siew bun!


Suckling pig filled with glutinous rice inside. I never really had a liking for pork. But I swear! No one should ever give this a miss! The meat was tender and the glutinous rice was soft but not overly soft. The whole thing was done just nice and really fragrant.




Piping hot char siew soh served and we had to order it again the second time.
"Buddha jump over the wall" that cost probably about $50-80 per bowl on normal days. Each person is only entitled to order it once only.

Shark fin soup. Also entitled to order once for each person.

Wasabi prawns.

I didn't touch this at all 'cause it was too fat!

But just take a look at Charlton's face, he's in heaven almost immediately.


Hor fun.
Cold tofu with century egg puree. 
Frankly speaking, I think century egg taste weird but this dish was tasty. I could taste the century egg and goes perfectly well with the cold tofu! I'm salivating just by describing it!

Chilli crab.

Soft shell crab.

Fried carrot cake.

And how can we not end our meal with dessert.


Haha... We walked out of the restaurant so full that we could neither stand up straight or even sit down. Couldn't even move, I would say. But it was a gastronomic feast. No matter, how full we were. We had to try every single dish on the menu.

No regrets!

No comments: