Friday, June 11, 2010

Unsuccessful trip

It's 12.47am here in Belgium and I just finished showering. It's the first time am back in the hotel so late ever since I came here. But I've got company.

Was supposed to tour around Antwerp but our Paris hotel was declined as it's fully book. So we've gotta start sourcing for other hotel if not we'll just end up on the streets with our LV and long champ buys. Managed to get a hotel for 95euros. Not that fantastic looking but well it's just one night and we're on the train back to Antwerp.

So we got the hotel booked and got ready to head out for dinner. After looking through the map, we decided for Moroccan Seafood located slightly further away from Chinatown. Got some directions from the recep and with a 15mins walk mindset we stepped out of the hotel lobby. Was fine initially but as we got deeper in. Everywhere was closed and it doesn't look safe. We were contemplating if we should go forward or just turn back. Considering the fact that we still have to walk back and it was late. We gave up the idea and turn back. A wise decision made. I would say.

We walked and walked. Finally settled down at a nice looking, modern Japanese restaurant. I had chilli beef ramen with lots of uncooked beansprouts and red onions. I finished everything but not the beansprouts and red onion. Not a fan for uncooked vegetables when it's supposed to be cooked.Wen min had some curry with tempura vegetables and salad.





Nice and warm dinner.With a satisfied stomach, we paid for the bill and asked "when are we ever gonna watch a movie here?".

Bought the tickets for "Sex and the city 2" at 9.45pm for 4.90euros each and off we go to the cinemas! It's free seating! We get to choose our seats! Now I bet if we had the freedom to choose our seats back in Singapore, you'll have queues outside of EVERY theater. Watching a show will be so tiring, just like queuing up to pay for GSS.

The idea of watching a movie here strike me when most of my friends back in Singapore were posting about how awesome "Sex and the City 2" were. And I thought I shouldn't give it a miss! It turns out not to be as good that I thought it would be. Was kind of bored in between. But overall It's probably a 3/5.


It's getting late! Time to sleep! Ciao!

No comments: