Friday, December 10, 2010

Bad and a couple of good

It's been quite awhile since I updated a proper entry. I just couldn't.

Last week till this wed was some tough time for me. I had TMJ (Temporomandibular Joint Disorder ) and the jaw pain was killing me. It affected my hearing and somehow my concentration for almost everything. Even opening my mouth for a normal bread was tough, it had to be in small bites and am already a very slow eater. It was fatigue to even chew, what's more about talking. And I couldn't laugh like how I usually did.

You must be wondering what took me so long to see a doc. I had jaw pains before lasting for 1-2 days but this time was really bad. Till I had to go see one which gave me nothing but medicine for fever/pain/headache. Of cause I wasn't convinced! He even laughed at me when I rejected the MC! No more intern doctors anymore I swear! So the next day, I went back to my usual doctor and I have to complete my whole course of medication for 2 weeks to bring down the inflammation. It was quite funny when he said I had to rest my jaw which was tough. I had to go for soft food, no laughing with mouth wide open and try not to talk so much.

Well it's the 3rd day of medication, am able to open my mouth slightly bigger but I can feel it's still weak.

On a happy note, my boss brought me delightful news on wed morning. I might be heading to Belgium again for 2 weeks. It's not really confirm yet, depending if they can find anyone over there to help out. It would be lovely if I can go. Of cause the business class experience once again and first winter and snow experience after 24 years of life. :)

Not forgetting the much slower pace of life. I really wanted a break so this would be good if I can go. My bosses are really worried about me since I have quite a weak health. Or maybe a nicer term which they used. Delicate body. Winter is gonna be pretty tough for someone who can't withstand the coldness in office. But I'll make full use of my winter allowance.

I have my worries about this trip if I can go. Till then I'll update you 'cause it's quite silly.

Anyways I had lunch with my Amsterdam colleague who came here for a project. Brought her to have some beef noodles and she likes it. But I hope she really does. We had a really good chat and find somethings in common! Besides I've learn something! Buy some good cloth from Arab street and get a photo of your favourite dress, bring it to the tailor. And wala! You'll have your favourite look alike designer's dress at a dirt cheap price! Can u believe it! She's telling me where to get stuff in Singapore! I'm not disgrace by it 'cause most Singaporeans don't do that. Maybe I should start digging up my old magazines and cut out pictures soon! =)

X'mas is pretty much round the corner and everybody is busying doing X'mas shopping and putting up decorations. My workplace is definitely not giving a miss to join in the fun as well. We have this "Decorate your Lorong competition". Most of them have started putting up and some even completed! But my row has yet to start. We have the idea in our heads and since everyone's decorations are in red and gold. I thought maybe we could go for a dazzling white x'mas instead and a snowman! I just love X'mas! It's all about giving and sharing!

I did some X'mas shopping yesterday though it wasn't so sucessful. But I manage to buy a new pair of red heels! =)

Now I can throw away the old one!



Published with Blogger-droid v1.5.8

2 comments:

Emilie said...

wow! Belgium again! haha...u take care of your health k!

Unknown said...

Thanks! heee.... yea. but it's not confirm yet. But I hope they don't send me the very last min.