Thursday, December 02, 2010

The new chapter

Sometime last week I had lunch with some friends. I've knew them at my current workplace 4 years back and both guys had left for better opportunity outside, leaving only Weishan and I strangling with our decisions. They have heard us bringing up the word "resign" many times but we're still here.

But this is not the only thing that they have caught up with. Marriage is. Dean's having his wedding next march. Jossie, on the other hand, is already married and becoming a father soon!

And here comes the question. "So! When's yours?"

It's strange 'cause my mum has not push me on this yet. In fact not in my family. My uncles and aunties got married late. My cousins as well. And I'm only 24 years old. Some may think it's time but not to me.

5 years more. At least that's the earliest. There are just too many things that are more important on my list and marriage is not in sight yet. But I'm definitely settling down, just not now.

And so it was 2 against 2. 2 guys who thinks that 26 is the time to get married against one girl that thinks 28 and above is the right time and the other who thinks marriage is not necessary. Am I missing something here? Are things changing too fast? From then till now. Have  females taken the place of males?

Then I dropped a question. "Is there a difference being a married couple and dating couple?"

2 nods was what I got from the 2 man in front of me. Dating means you don't have to see that someone every single day. But marriage is seeing that person everyday. Getting used to his/her habits. And losing your own free time.

Hello! Who's logic is that? 

But I thought it was not. Maybe I stay over pretty often that we know each other living habits so well. Of 'cause we do. He finds me so lazy that sometimes he just can't stand it either. He's so neat and organised but too naggy sometimes.

But didn't you guys proposed because you love her and I'm sure you said this when you're on your knees.

"... and spend the rest of my life with you."

Ladies, you said yes almost immediately.

So why is it different. You love that person so much that you should be happy to see the person you love everyday. Sharing every moment or event that had happen for the day. It's about putting in effort to maintain a relationship. A marriage. Balancing between family and friends.

Communication is necessary in all relationships whether it's with friends,family or partners. You need to talk to solves issues. That's something I like about him, we always talk. Happy and unhappy. At least we know what each of us is thinking. Relationship is not a guessing game or stressful task. Relationships makes you breathe easy. It's sweet. Oh but sometimes sour or bitter.

I don't know what it's gonna be like 5 years later. Whether either of us will change and whether the bond and love between us will still be that strong. But I can say we're both putting in effort in this relationship effortlessly.

Well, I guess it's all about making the right choice before you enter the next chapter of life. Marriage it's sacred. There's no time for regrets once you step in. Carry on and make things work out.


No comments: