Friday, December 31, 2010

Grateful heart for 2010

Without fail, each year I'll be late for the last entry of the year. Few days before the year comes to an end, I have tons of things to say but somehow I'll be somewhere out there doing something else.

But today I'm sitting here typing with a little anxiety within me. And I can't imagine how fast a year has just gone by, both unknowingly and knowingly.

2010 has been a happy and kind year. But it wasn't the case throughout the whole year. I had my down moments first half of the year struggling hard. My one goal for this year was to at least get something started on getting a driving license and getting back in shape. But of 'cause neither of them happen.

Another one thing which didn't happen was my decision to leave, I was half a step away from plan. Sometimes I feel that somethings are just so amazing and God has His way to stop our impulsive actions. This year, it was with such great blessing that I had my once in a lifetime opportunity to go Belgium on a business trip and also my first ever trip to Europe. Never in my whole 24 years of life did I thought I would step foot on Europe. Or rather not so early but at least backpack not with such luxury for a month. I remember how depressed I was when I first got there, I forgot that Jesus is my comfort. He truly is. The rest of the days were a blast! This verse, His promise so true!

Joshua 1:3-9
I promise you what I promised Moses: ‘Wherever you set foot, you will be on land I have given you ... No one will be able to stand against you as long as you live. For I will be with you as I was with Moses. I will not fail you or abandon you.

Definitely not forgetting, friends who stayed up to the wee hours in Singapore chatting with me through the long day in Belgium. Never been so grateful for that before. I've learnt how to cherish the people and things beside me even more.

There are the friends who brought so much laughter to my life and colleagues who make working life so much more fun than ever.

And of 'cause, not forgetting the boyfriend who has been the most lovely person in my life. Taking care of the small little things which I always forget or never seem to bother at all. Being one month apart has brought us even closer together and our relationship to another level. We're putting in effort everyday but effortlessly. It doesn't matter if how we started wasn't the least romantic at all but we're putting many romantic and happy memories together now.

In a couple of hours, it's biding goodbye to 2010. I hope that you were step into 2011 with a brand new you and a fresh start. There's always a time for everything but never forget to have a time to give thanks for everything!

Ecclesiastes 3

A Time for Everything
1There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under heaven:
2a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
3a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
4a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
5a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain,
6a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,
7a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,
8a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.


Happy & Blessed 2011, my dear friends!


Love,
Jocelyn

No comments: