Sunday, February 06, 2005

AHH!!! My acne is back I guess... So troubled by it.... DAMN TROUBLED!!

It recover after I have seen a doctor... But I don't wanna see the doc again... waste money...

How does acne develope? Acne is caused by overactive oil glands (sebaceous glands), stimulated by the hormone androgen, mixing with dead skin cells, which leads to plugged pores and outbreaks. This is particularly true during the teenage years when androgen production is at its highest.

Acne begins in the hair follicles. Sebaceous glands, which are attached to the hair follicle just below the skin's surface, produce an oil called sebum. Normally, sebum empties onto the skin's surface to lubricate the skin. But when cells that are shed from the follicle lining stick together, they form plugs that prevent the sebum from exiting the pore. This is especially common during adolescence, when cells from the follicle lining shed more rapidly. Rising hormone levels during puberty cause the sebaceous glands to get bigger and produce more oil. The mixture of oil and cells helps bacteria to grow, eventually breaking the walls of the follicles. That's when sebum, bacteria and shed skin cells collect under the skin, causing inflammation, pain, redness and pus, causing acne.

Ok I'm just being over upset about the acne on my face... So sian... feel like buying this product... "Proactiv"... seems good...

nvm... forget it... Just use what I'm using now... if it's not helping then I'll use that... get money from my mum... anyway she will be more then willing to pay coz it's my face... haha...

ok i finish cleaning the kitchen... kind of tired...

No comments: