Thursday, May 19, 2005

UpdatezZzZzzzzzzz............

My apologies peeps! It's been a long time since I've blog, almost a week I guess... So now I'm here to update about the events that happen in my life recently...

Saturday (14/5)
Well it's one day before the big day... Had to go back for sectionals, one o'clock samba was what we did only... And I headed for tuiton... and down to Siglap after that to see Dr Eu but! He was not there! DAMN!! A waste trip!! Well had to see coz my acnes are back!! FREAK MAN!! It's serious! Hell serious!

Sunday (15/5)
It's the big day!! haha... It's Musical Delights 28!! Had to reach school at 9, to prepare... Coz we need to move instruments! Man! It's tiring! Thanx to those who help to carry the percussion instruments on to the lorry! Was the only girl up there helping and one of the photographer took a pathetic picture of me... Prespiring like hell! It was a hot day...

Just when we thought everything went well, SHIT HAPPENS!!! While doing sound check.. I realise that we forgot to bring the whip! And it's gonna sound weird without it for "Spartacus"! So I have to go all the way back to school just to get it... Thank God Joanne went back with me! Thanx alot girl! Sorry to make you have dinner on the cab...

But I think it was of great help to a number of people... If we haven't went back, Weilun would probably had to buy a new pair of shoes to perform or probably wear socks only?! haha... Who the hell could he forget to bring his shoes?! hmm... I wonder... We wouldn't be able to get the invitation cards for Cindy... Guess it was a trip worth the money?

Once we reach VCH, we headed to our rooms to get our gown and off we go to change... It was already 4.45pm when we reached and we had to be on stage by 5.15 I guess... The concert starts at 5.30pm....

As usual before the concert, we did our tradition... That is to pray... No matter what religion or race we are... It's the percussion unity that counts here...

Response was rather bad for the first piece coz everybody was late... But overall it was alright... Circle seats were FULL!! Some even had to sit on the stairs!

As for me in particular, I guess there was no tension at all... Though I screw up abit here and there but there's still more room to improve... This is the first time that I didn't cry in the process of preparing a concert... i guess it's because I didn't have any mallet parts! Well I did cry once but it wasn't exactly band... But it was band that suddenly this voice came into my head... "If there's anything just come up and look for me"

I cried coz I know it's never possible again...

OK! anyways! All those we came for the concert! Thank you so much! Hope you guys enjoyed! And also to Faezah and Ivy! Thanx for helping out as ushers!

Headed to Holland V with some of the percussionists for dinner then home!! Coz there's work the next day! total crap!!

Basically from Mon to Wed, it's work and tuition... I've been rather busy... I reach office at 8.30... And before I could even start warming up the chair, I have to go to the photocopying room to collect report... Then do CPF trades... Work and work the whole day.... 8.30 to 6... Lunch time is only my break... Though It's busy, but it's good exposure! :)

Went to see Dr Eu on wed... It's becoz of my acne... It's getting serious! The reason is because I've not been getting enough rest... 8.30 - 6 work... after that I've still got tuition.... And for the past few weeks there is band... So it accumulates! Not suddenly! Told Dr Eu my schedule, he was frowning... It seems to be telling me that he is trying to find time for me to rest but can't seems to find any... haha...

"Jocelyn, you are like holding 2 jobs. So why not take a 20mins break before your lunch."

I guess I was right... :) Each time I go back to see him regarding my face, I would feel at ease! I like the way he talks, he smiles and the way he frowns... haha!!! :)

No comments: