Sunday, March 28, 2004

Bad day! Bad day!

Today is my cousin's wedding... The wedding was held at Raffles Hotel... Nice place man! We had buffett... Super nice.... I ate lots of chocolates!! We had a fun time with the groom and his brothers... They were really sabo... Poor Barrie, my cousin-in-law, had to go through four stages before he can see his bride...

The first stage: The sister gang demanded $9,999... Of coz the brother gang didn't give... The first red packet they gave was only $20... So big difference... Can't remember the second time how much they give... But he was not to be let in yet coz it's not enough... Then he was asked to sing yue liang dai biao wo de xin outside the gate on his kness... Then he gave the third red packet... tehn was let in to the house...

The second stage: The brothers was ask to each go under a stick with the support of their waist... Can't remember what's that called.... That was a easy stage i think...

The third stage: it was the staircase... He had to say something mushy to my cousin in 7 different dialects... and he can't used back the same sentence... He used English,Chinese,Malay,Cantonese,Hokkien,Teochew and German... Lucky he had a group of brothers who are willing to help him... I remember one sentence he said, it was in english... He said, "Le peng! I maybe the sky but you are the stars that brighten me up!" So sweet!!!

The last stage: He had to knee outside my cousin's room door to say something before my cousin let him in... Well, it was easy! I guess... Finally, after 4 stages of struggle, he got his lovely wife...

Rather emotional day today... During the tea ceremony... few of my aunties cried... Tears was in my eyes too... But I hold it back...

Well... Even though it's a happy day... The day didn't start well at all... In the morning, I almost fainted in the market.... totally black out... then felt better after vomitting... Then after about 1 hr later... I started to feel feverish... What a day! Totally bad man!

Think the fever is back... ate too much chocolate... gonna sleep... nite guys!

No comments: