Monday, March 01, 2004

Criticism or praises?

Just now before I went to take a bath, my sis was reading my bloc and she commented on it... then while I was bathing I suddenly thought of this question.... Am I a person who need people to praise me or criticise me so that I can be motivated? Can I take others criticism?

I remember Jermaine asking me this question... I told her that I can't take criticism, I need people to praise me... but come to think of it. I'm actually both. When someone criticise me I would want to do better to show that person that I can do it... I don't want them to look down on me! And praises keeps me motivated too, when I'm good I want to be even better...

Actually all of us need both! Who will want to be criticise everyday?! you will be so demoralised! no one can only be one kind of person... Able to take others criticism is good but don't forget praises are just a reward at the end of the day after all the hard work... Just like you work in a company, you are very diligent worker. Of coz you want to be given increment right! who would want to stay at the same spot forever... everybody wants to move on... But something is needed to keep people motivated... that is rewards!

So if you can only take praises, learn how to take criticism and do not boast around when you are being praised! Don't get demoralised if there is no praises for you... who knows that at the end of all your hard work... you are recognised...

Instead of living in the shadow of yesterday, walk in the light of today and the hope of tomorrow! I always have this in my organiser... it is just to remind me to move on with hope everyday!

No comments: