Friday, March 12, 2004

Patience!

Itab lessons... So bored! Most of my classmates are slacking around... not really paying attention to what she say... Everybody is so tired... Faezah is sleeping and Wanling is busy playing "Bounce"... And me? I ain't no better...

Today is SB day! Why must she have lesson? While I was coming to school, I can't help but feel that it seems so wrong today... Something seems wrong! So wrong! I was thinking if I come to class and see no one... I'll be like a fool... But thank god nothing went wrong... After the lessons, everything seems back to normal again....

After Itab, I accompany Nat to Espirit at Borders to buy her $9 cosmetics which she went mad over it....Mad Cow

When she bought it she was super happy... and the salesgirl even gave her a $10 off voucher... everybody will have it if you purchase something there... not becoz you are a beauty k! haha.... But!!! You must spend a minimum of $40 or $60 to use that voucher.... and the worse thing is that! Today is the last day the voucher is used! So too bad...

Later we intended to take the free shuttle bus from orchard to great world... But we went to C.K Tang to shop for awhile to kill time... And I bought a necklace at $6 only.... so worth it! We had our lunch at great world, then shop for awhile and we head home... it was raining so heavily! Came I slept and went for band... I took a cab again! this is the 4th time I'm taking a camp within a week! Imagine how much money I could save... I overslept! Woke up at 6 while band starts at 6.30! haiz....

But band was fun today! I can say we played better than the previous practice... We could go through all the pieces played... And I could do my cowbells part in "Cartoon" and my Xylophone part in "Divertimento for Band".... Hahaha.... I'm so happy.... But scared at the same time coz the concert is in 25 days time.... I'm so nervous.... It's at Esplande!!! I have not even perform at Victoria concert hall before and I'm already performing at Esplande! Been there a few times to watch concerts but now it's different! People are there to hear us play! Can't wait! Spinnng

I've been reading this book recently, so please be patient to read my entry if it's too long... Coz I wanna share with you guys... This book is entitled "I kiss dating goodbye." It really enlightens me alot... ok this book is written for Christians... But I think non-believers can read it to... coz what is written inside applies to most of us... commitments, feeling hurt when facing breakups... In our society today, there are not many people saving sex for marriage... There are so many abortion rates and it is continuing to increase... underage mothers, etc. But what if you break-up with your other partner? What do you get in the end? Happiness? or is it hurt and regrets when you think of the past? If we are not ready to commit then i think we are just in love with love!

Ever heard of the story "The Magic Thread" by William J. Bennett? It's a French tale.
Peter, a boy who is strong and able yet sadly flawed by an attitude of impatience. Always dissatisfied with his present condition, Peter spends his life daydreaming about the future.
So one day whilewandering in the forest, Peter meets a strange, old woman who gives him a most tantalizing opportunity- the chance to skip the dull, mundane moments of life. She hands Peter a silver ball from which a tiny, gold thread protrudes. "This is your life thread," she explains. "Do not it and time will pass normally. But if you wish time to pass more quickly, you have only to pull the thread a little way and an hour will pass like a second. I know some of us up to here... will feel like having your own life thread.. it would be so wonderful if you can control it right? But wait.... there is more to come... The old woman warn him, once the thread has been pulled out, it cannot be pushed back again.

This magical thread seems the answer to all of Peter's problems. It is just what he had always wanted. He takes the ball and runs home...

His first opportunity to pull the thread was the following day in school. The lesson is dragging, and the teacher scolds Peter for not concentrating. Peter fingers the silver ball and gives the thread a slight tug. Suddenly the teacher dismisses the class, and Peter is free to leave school. He is over-joyed! How easy his life will now be. GOOD right? From this moment, Peter begins to pull the thread a little everyday.

But soon Peter begins to use the magic thread to rush through larger portions of life. Why waste time pulling the thread just a little every day when he can pull it hard and complete school altogether? How we wish right? He does so and finds himself out of school and apprenticed in a trade. Peter uses the same techniqur to rush through his enagement to his sweetheart. He cannot bear to wait months to marry her, so he uses the gold thread to hasten the arrival of his wedding day.

Peter continues this pattern throughout his life. when hard, trying yimes come, he escapes them with his magic thread. When the baby cries at night, when he faces financial struggles, when he wishes his own children to be lauched in careers of their own, Peter pulls the magic thread and bypasses the discomfort of the moment.
If you realize all of them is becoz Peter is impatient...

But sadly, when he comes to the end os his life, Peter realizes the emptiness of such an existence. By allowing impatience and discontentment to rule him, Peter has robbed himselfof life's richest moments and memories. With only the grave to look forward to, he deeply regrets ever having using used the magic thread. But what can he do now?

I believe all of us want to rush over the hard times... If we could be like Peter that would be how nice? But have you ever thought that if you will like him... You will not be able to enjoy life to the fullest! In the end, Peter himself regrets too.... Whose life is always so smooth? There are ups and downs in everybody's life... Butwe just have to faced it... If your life is so smooth everyday, won't you get bored? I don't know about you guys but for me I think it would be... Think! Don't be quick to say no!

Too often, people want what they want (or what they think they want, which is usually "happiness" in one form or another) right now. The irony of their impatience is that only by learning to wait, and by a willingness to accept the bad with the good, do we usually attain those things that are truly worthwhile.
The right thing at the wrong time is the wrong thing....

The last few sentences are my message of the day...



No comments: